How to Farm Crates in Rocket League
To start off, one of the most important things when it comes to crate farming is playing matches. The more matches you play, the higher your chances of earning crates. Crates can drop randomly after completing online matches, so make sure to spend some quality time on the field.
Another method to increase your crate collection is by trading with other players. Keep an eye out for valuable items that others might be willing to trade for a crate. Building a network and engaging in player-to-player trades can significantly boost your inventory.
Additionally, participating in special events hosted by Psyonix can also grant you extra crates as rewards. These events often offer unique opportunities to earn additional loot and enhance your crate farming experience.
Choose The Right Game Mode
Standard Mode: The Classic Way to Farm Crates
In standard mode, you’ll be playing the traditional Rocket League format with two teams of three players each. This is the go-to option for many players looking to farm crates since it provides a balanced and competitive environment. By participating in regular matches and winning games, you’ll have a chance to earn crates as post-match drops.
To maximize your crate farming potential in standard mode, consider these strategies:
- Play with a coordinated team: Teamwork is key in standard mode, so finding teammates who communicate well and complement your playstyle can greatly increase your chances of winning matches.
- Focus on objectives: Prioritize scoring goals and assisting your teammates rather than solely focusing on individual achievements. A well-executed team strategy will lead to more victories and subsequently more crate drops.
- Utilize trading: If there’s a particular crate you’re targeting, consider trading items or keys with other players who may have duplicates or extras.
Rumble Mode: Adding a Twist to Crate Farming
Rumble mode introduces an exciting twist to traditional Rocket League gameplay by adding power-ups that allow players to perform extraordinary moves. While this chaotic game mode may not be everyone’s cup of tea, it presents its own opportunities for effective crate farming.
Here are some tips for making the most out of Rumble mode:
- Master power-up usage: Familiarize yourself with each power-up’s effects and learn how to strategically use them during matches. Well-timed power-ups can turn the tide of a game in your favor.
- Adapt quickly: With constant power-up rotations, Rumble mode requires players to be adaptable and think on their feet. Embrace the chaos and stay flexible in your approach.
- Exploit power-up synergies: Some power-ups can be combined for devastating effects. Experiment with different combinations to gain an advantage over your opponents.
Dropshot Mode: A Unique Approach to Collecting Crates
Dropshot mode is a less conventional game mode that challenges players to break through their opponent’s floor panels while preventing the same from happening to their own side. Though not directly related to crate farming, playing Dropshot mode can still yield crate drops as post-match rewards.
Consider these strategies when playing Dropshot mode:
- Focus on ball control: Due to the unique nature of this game mode, precision and ball control are crucial. Develop your skills in directing the ball towards your opponent’s floor panels while maintaining defensive awareness.
- Communicate effectively: Coordination with your teammates is essential for success in Dropshot. Communicate rotations, call-outs, and overall strategy to maximize your chances of victory.
- Stay vigilant: Pay close attention to the state of both teams’ floors and anticipate potential breakthrough opportunities. Be ready to capitalize on any mistakes made by your opponents.
Understand Crate Drop Rates
Understanding the Drop Rate System
When it comes to farming crates in Rocket League, understanding the drop rate system is essential. Rocket League employs a random drop system, where crates have a chance of dropping after completing matches. However, it’s important to note that crate drops are not guaranteed and depend on various factors.
The drop rate system in Rocket League operates on a time-based cooldown mechanism. It means that you won’t receive crates every time you finish a match. Instead, there’s a cooldown period between crate drops. The exact duration of this cooldown can vary, and Psyonix, the developer of Rocket League, keeps tweaking these rates over time.
Factors Affecting Crate Drops
Several factors influence your chances of receiving crate drops in Rocket League:
- Time Played: The more time you spend playing matches, the higher your chances of receiving crate drops will be. Each player has an individualized timer that determines when they are eligible for another crate.
- Match Completion: To increase your chances of getting crates, make sure to complete full matches rather than leaving early or getting disconnected from games.
- Online Matches: Crates only drop in online competitive playlists or casual standard playlists. Playing offline modes like Exhibition or Local Play won’t contribute towards crate drops.
- In-Game Purchases: While not directly affecting the drop rates themselves, purchasing keys to open crates supports Psyonix’s ongoing development efforts for Rocket League.
In conclusion, farming crates in Rocket League can be a rewarding and exciting process. By following the strategies and tips outlined in this article, you’ll increase your chances of obtaining valuable crates and unlocking rare items to enhance your gaming experience.
Remember, patience is key when it comes to farming crates in Rocket League. It may take time before you find those sought-after items, but perseverance pays off.